Many women suffer from morning sickness in the first 4 months. It can be morning sickness, but many women suffer from nausea all day long.
It usually starts around the 4th week and can last until the 16th week and sometimes the entire pregnancy. The peak is usually around the 9th week.
It is not yet entirely clear what causes it; there can be various causes
- HCG hormone
- Other hormones such as progesterone, estrogen and thyroid hormones
- Construction (it occurs in families)
- If you had it during the first pregnancy, the chances are that you will have it again the second time.
- Tiredness and you experience a lot of problems during the first few weeks. So make sure you get enough rest
- Drink hot water all day long. Boil 1 litre of spring water in the morning. Do this in a thermos, you can if necessary. Add grated fresh ginger, and drink small sips throughout the day.
- Water with lime (no lemon) is less acidic
- Ginger tea or ginger tablets 250 mg 4 times a day or gingerbread
- Mint m tea
- Before you get up, eat something first and then get up
- Avoid fat and spicy food, although it appears that some women tolerate fast food better and fats can also provide relief (unsaturated fats)
- Provide protein-rich foods such as salmon, yoghurt, egg, almonds/almond milk
- Eat cold food in the first few weeks because the smell of hot food is sometimes too overwhelming
- Provide extra vitamin B6 (Vitamin B6 is in meat, eggs, fish, nuts, bread and cereal products, legumes, vegetables, milk and milk products and cheese)
- Take small portions of food throughout the day instead of 3 large meals
- Do not try to drink during meals
- Salted chips seem to help
- Ensure adequate rest
- Avoid hot rooms or place something cool in the neck
- Drink chamomile or ginger tea
- Make ice cubes from water with lemon and suck on an ice cube
- You can massage the pressure point behind your ear at the edge of your skull or hold an ice cube against it
- Put some peppermint oil on a cloth and smell it.
- Slice of lemon or lemon grate the oil that is released also appears to work against nausea. As aromatherapy in an evaporator or essential oil on a cloth and smell it
- magnesium foot baths; (absorbs faster through the feet)
- Breathing for 3 counts, hold 3 counts, exhaling 3 counts … or deep abdominal breathing
- Try to go for a 10-minute walk every day
Try to reduce morning sickness by acupressor, but more research is needed. In most studies that reported a beneficial effect, the “Neiguan” acupuncture point, also known as the P6, was stimulated. You can stimulate this point yourself by placing your thumb 2 to 3 (for slender fingers) finger widths above your wrist on the inside of your forearm, between the two present tendons. Below you can see a picture on which this is shown. Once you have found the point, press it with your thumb for a minute and then repeat that with your other arm. Repeat everything if necessary.
If it is the case that you vomit several times a day and you lose a lot of weight. Or you get dehydration symptoms because you don’t keep anything inside. Then you will sometimes be admitted to hospital or you will receive medication for nausea.